Students of 2014 Awards
On Thursday 11th December, Tresham held its annual awards ceremony where a total of 34 students who completed their course at the college this summer were awarded as Student of the Year for their area of study at a glittering ceremony held at the Best Western Hotel in Corby.
The ceremony included performances from HND Music students and speeches from the college’s alumni to great applause from the audience.
Winners of the awards are now celebrating as they have progressed into work or further study at college and universities across the country.
The award ceremony was hosted by Robert Emery together with Tresham’s Students’ Union Representatives; Emily Vitue and Geri Payne.
Stuart Wesselby, Principal at Tresham said:
“Our annual awards ceremony is a fantastic opportunity for tutors, families and guests of honour to join together and celebrate our students’ achievements from last year. This year I was very pleased to be able to hear from these student ambassadors with their own unique stories of how studying at the college has helped them in their journey to their chosen career.
All of the winners and their families should be very proud of what they have accomplished and I wish them, together with all of our current students, all the best for their careers or further study.”
Winners of the awards this year included students who have excelled against their own expectations due to a variety of reasons including giving birth to their first child whilst studying, overcoming language barriers and returning to education after a break of nearly 16 years to raise a family.
Student of the Year Awards went to:
- Business Level 1/2 : Patrycja Kusio
- Business Level 3: Kashif Maqsood
- Computing Level 1/2: Tyler Davenport
- Computing Level 3: Abigail Yeung
- Child Care & Early Years: Kirsty Hodge
- Health & Social Care: Ellen Stear
- Construction Level 1: Adyn Mullen
- Construction Level 2: Alex Andries
- Construction Level 3: Brandon Hall
- Creative Arts & Media Level 1/2: Georgia Morgan
- Creative Arts & Media Level 3: Sophie Connolly
- Creative Arts & Media Level 4: Helen Jones
- Engineering: Leigh Dallimore
- Motor Vehicle: Jamie Summers
- Tresham Youth Training: Tara White
- The Prince’s Trust: Taylor Winter
- English for Speakers of Other Languages: Shams Wasari
- Foundation Learning Entry Level: Thomas Almond
- Foundation Learning Level 1: Florence Wood
- Maths: Victoria Enfield
- English: Kenneth Poulson
- Motorsport: Simon Crain
- Beauty Therapy: Vivian Dincheva
- Hairdressing: Zoe Summers
- Catering: Charley Beadsworth
- Sixth Form: Kayleigh Sumpter
- Applied Science: Rebecca Fry
- Sport: Abigail Lawman
- Travel & Tourism: Shane Ward
- Uniformed Public Services: Kieran Seton
- Access to Higher Education: Wendy Pipe
- Higher Education: Alexander Nicholson
- Higher Education: Laura Baker
- Learner Voice Representative: Remi Stowesand
As the Motorsport Student of the Year award (sponsored by The Old Cytringanians) was not presented on the evening as winner, Simon Crain, was in Spain with the Carlin Motorsport team we finally managed to catch up with him where Managing Director, Tim Carlin, presented his award. Simon is currently in the middle of a busy car building and test programme in preparation for the Formula 3 Euroseries where he is employed as a number 2 mechanic. This follows a similar role last season when his driver Tom Blomqvist finished runner up in the Championship.
This year Tresham received fantastic sponsorship and support for the Student of the Year Awards 2014 from local and national business including:
Shoosmiths, Barclays Corporate, University of Bedfordshire, University of Northampton, Garrett’s Property Services, Chartered Management Institute, Kettering Borough Council, Corby Borough Council, Bond Bryan Architects, Eve Taylor Aromatherapy, Ellisons, Russums, The Kettering Cytringanians, Northamptonshire Enterprise Partnership, Tollers Solicitors.Back to news