For course advice call 0345 658 8990 |

Twitter Facebook YouTube Pinterest Twitter Twitter

Fees and Funding

As part of our commitment to extending the benefits of education to as many people as possible Tresham University Centre works hard to offer competitive fees for all its higher education programmes.

How much will my course cost?

Course fee information is detailed against individual course listings. For HNC/D courses delivered directly by Tresham University Centre, the 2016/17 fees are £5,750 per year for full time and £2,950 per year for part time. From 2017/18, full time course fees will be £5,950 per year and £3,150 per year part time.

Fees for courses offered in partnership with a university are set by the individual university that validates the course and can be subject to change. Whilst we make every attempt to ensure that the fee information against each of our courses is up to date please check with our Customer Services Team for the most current information.

Please note that all course fees should be paid within the first six weeks of term however we can offer flexible payment options to enable you to spread the cost of the course across the academic year. Alternatively many of our students apply for tuition fee loans as a way to cover the cost of their course.

Please click here to view our Fee’s Policy.

Can I get any help in funding my studies?

To cover the costs of tuition and study you can apply for:

Tuition Fee Loans (full and part time students)

  • Full time students don’t start repaying loans until they earn £21,000 or above
  • Part time students can apply for a Tuition Fee Loan (replacing the grant system)
  • Part time students who earn over £21,000 a year have to start paying back their loans after three years, even if their course hasn’t finished
  • Student Finance England pay the loan directly to the university or college
  • This loan does not depend on household income

Maintenance Loans (full time students only)

The maximum Maintenance Loan for new students starting from 1st September 2016 is as follows:

  • £8,200 if you live away from home and study at a university or college outside of London
  • £6,904 if you live at home

Maintenance Loans are available to help with your living costs while in higher education. These loans are paid directly into your bank account each term and are paid back when your income is over £21,000 a year.

These types of financial support are available through application to Student Finance England.

Bursaries – Information for students starting their course in September 2016

All Tresham students who apply for the following Edexcel full time programmes are eligible for a bursary of up to £800*. Bursaries are paid on successful completion of the first year and will  be awarded in June 2017.

  • HNC/D in Construction Engineering
  • HNC/D in Engineering
  • HNC/D in Photography
  • HNC/D in Music
  • HNC/D in Graphic Design
  • HNC/D in Performing Arts
  • HNC/D in Fashion and Textiles
  • HNC/D in Contemporary Fine Art Practice
  • HNC/D in Sport (Health, Fitness and Exercise)
  • HNC/D in Sports Coaching & Sports Development
  • HNC/D in Sport and Exercise Sciences
  • HNC/D in Travel and Tourism Management
  • HNC/D in Applied Science (Biology)
  • HNC/D in Applied Science (Chemistry)

These bursaries are provided for extra living costs and should not be relied upon to cover course fees or living costs, these needs should be made via Student Finance England.

The payment is a one off payment, made after the first year only.

In addition, a further £1000 per year bursary is available for those students that have gained ABB grades or above at A Level, or equivalent (such as Distinction, Distinction, Merit at BTEC).

*Terms and Conditions apply *

– Students must apply by the 1st August 2016 to be eligible

– Students must accept their offer by the 1st August 2016 to be eligible

– If a student is made an offer after this deadline, the student must accept it within 2 weeks to be eligible

– In order to qualify for the extra bursary a student must provide proof of entry qualifications by 30th September 2016 to the Higher Education Office.

– In order to receive payment it is the responsibility of the student to ensure that the Higher Education Office has the correct bank details

Advanced Learning Loan

If you are over the age of 19 and thinking of studying an approved Level 3 or Level 4 course, you may be entitled to an Advanced Learning Loan, which will help pay for your tuition cost (please note that these loans are not available for HNC/D and Foundation Degree courses).

You won’t have to pay for your course upfront and you won’t have to pay back the loan until you are earning over £21,000 per annum. You can apply for the Advanced Learning Loan if:

  • you are aged 19 and above at the start of your course
  • you are studying for a Level 3 or a Level 4 qualification
  • you are a UK resident and have been for at least three years
  • you have not previously had a loan to do the same type and level of qualification

Support for students with disabilities

As a Higher Education student living in England, you can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) if you have a:

  • disability
  • long-term health condition
  • mental health condition
  • specific learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia)

The support you get depends on your individual needs and not on income.  Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs) are paid on top of your other student finance and don’t have to be repaid. For more details click here.

Other types of support

Click on the following links for details of further support available:

Student Finance England Guidelines 2016/17

Please click the links for further information:
Continuing full time students
New full time students
Disabled Students Allowance
Student loans – a guide to terms and conditions
Students from the EU – Starting a course in England

Access to Higher Education

Student Finance England will write off any outstanding Advanced Learning Loans you owe for an Access to Higher Education course, once you complete a higher education course. The higher education course in question must be eligible for students finance – please speak to our Customer Services Team to check the current position.

Ready to find the right course for you?

Click here to see our full range of Higher Education courses