This Level 1 qualification in IT Systems Support - PC Maintenance is a course designed to provide the basic knowledge needed to maintain basic hardware, install and configure software and troubleshoot general PC problems at home or at work. The course is aimed at new entrants to the ICT industry such as school leavers or adults looking for a change in career.
There are two units:
1. Fundamentals of computing systems and customer care
2. Dismantle, assemble, install and maintain a desktop computing system
One assignment for each unit must be successfully completed to attain the full certificate.
The units cover the following knowledge areas:
• Fundamentals of computing systems and customer care
• Identify functions of various components of a personal computer system
• Briefly explain Health and Safety related issues including disposal of used parts
• Identify issues that affect customer care
• List various security issues related to home and business computers
• Dismantle, assemble, install and maintain a desktop computing system
• Identify parts and peripherals of a PC
• Dismantle and reassemble a PC
• Install an operating system, drivers and applications on a PC
• Maintain a PC, peripherals and softwar
You will have the option of sitting the CompTIA Strata exam if you wish. This is offered at a discounted price of £90, through the CompTIA membership scheme. Following successful completion of this course, you may progress to our Level 2 Computer Maintenance and Installation (A+) course, or courses within the Microsoft Professional program.
Each unit in the qualification will be assessed by a practical and written assignment. On successful completion, you will gain a Bedford College certificate of achievement.
Pay by instalments
The College offers an instalment plan for Further Education and Higher Education courses to students where the total amount payable at the point of enrolment is £200 or more. Within the scheme there is an ability to pay up to 6 instalments, depending on the length of the courses and the final payment must be paid at least a month before the end of the course