This course is designed to allow candidates who have already completed a Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing & Heating, to complete a L2 NVQ which is required by most employers in the sector to be recognised as a qualified plumber. You must be in relevant suitable employment.
L2 English and Maths qualifications, L1 ICT Qualification.
• Safe Working Practices.
• How to Communicate With Others
• Environmental Protection Measures Within B.S.E..
• Pipework Fabrication Techniques
• Domestic Cold Water Systems
• Domestic Hot Water Systems
• Domestic Central Heating Systems
• Scientific Principles Within M.E.S.
• Domestic Rainwater Systems
• Domestic Above Ground Drainage Systems
• Install and Maintain Domestic Plumbing & Heating Systems
Learners may be eligible to progress on to a L3 Apprenticeship in Plumbing & Heating (Subject to the candidate being able to find suitable employment).
Gain industry recognised qualification to work in the plumbing industry.
Online Examinations, Work Based Portfolio of Evidence.
The candidate would have to find their own suitable employment to be able to complete this course.
The course is made possible by the current apprenticeship frameworks, it may not be possible once the new apprenticeship standard is released.