This Level 2 in Bricklaying course is aimed at those looking to work in the construction industry, specifically as a craftsperson in bricklaying. A bricklayer has the skills and knowledge to build or repair walls in accordance with construction plans. They may also build or refurbish arches or other structures; therefore they play an important part of any construction team. You will gain an understanding of the skills and knowledge that are important when you are working as a bricklayer or progressing to further learning and training in this area. This qualification is suitable if you are16 years old, or over. You dont need any previous experience to start this qualification. Following successful completion of this qualification you will be qualified to work in the construction industry as a bricklayer
- Unit 201/601 Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Unit 202/602 Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Unit 204 Building solid walling, isolated and attached piers
- Unit 205 Interpreting working drawings to set out masonry structures
- Unit 206 Construct cavity walling forming masonry structures
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to progress on to employment or to the following City & Guilds qualifications: - Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations - Level 3 Diploma in Bricklaying
Multiple choice test covering knowledge outcomes. Practical assignments delivered and marked by the tutor/assessor and externally verified by City and Guilds.
Students must wear safety boots in the workshop.