This qualification is designed to give learners the knowledge, skills & competencies to work as self employed counsellers in independent practice. It also equips its learners to take on a senior counseling role in an organisational context where clinical assessment, referral & routine evaluations are part of the role.
- Work safely, legally and ethically as an independent counsellor.
- Work with complex aspects of the counselling relationship.
- Use theory and research to work with client diversity in independent practice.
- Use a coherent approach to respond to the needs of individual clients.
- Work with self awareness as an independent practitioner.
- Use theory, research and skills within a coherent framework for independent counselling practice.
- Maintain professional effectiveness as a counseller in independent practice.
-Be non-defensive around feedback.
After completion of this course you will be able to progress onto the Open University Foundation Degree in Counselling or the CPCAB Level 6 Supervision Course.
- Internal tutor assessment of portfolio of evidence.
- Externally assessed case review. (3000 - 3500)
There will be additional cost to cover personal therapy and supervision.
Teaching takes place on Fridays.