This course is for those that work or want to work as a Bench Joiner in the construction sector.
The course allows its students to develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in Bench Joinery.
It covers the following skills:
- Set up and use fixed and transportable machinery
- Manufacture shaped doors and frames
- Manufacture stairs with turns
- Unit 201/601 Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Unit 301/701 Principles of organising, planning and pricing construction work
- Unit 308 Set up and use fixed and transportable machinery
- Unit 309 Manufacture shaped doors and frames
- Unit 310 Manufacture stairs with turns
Assessed through practical assignments, multiple choice questions, observations, professional discussion.