This course allows its students to develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in Bricklaying.
It covers the following skills:
- Carrying out Blocklaying activities
- Carrying out Bricklaying activities
- Carrying out Cavity Walling activities
- Contribute to Setting Out and Building of Masonry Structures up to Damp Proof Course
- 191/501 Principles of building construction, information and communication
- 102 Contribute to setting out and building of masonry structures
- 103 carrying out block laying activities
- 104 carrying out bricklaying activities
- 105 carrying out cavity walling activities
- 201/601 Health and Safety and welfare in construction
Upon completion of this course, student can progress on to employment or to the following City & Guilds qualifications: - Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying
Multiple choice test covering knowledge outcomes. Practical assignments delivered and marked by the tutor/assessor and externally verified by City and Guilds.
Pay by instalments
The College offers an instalment plan for Further Education and Higher Education courses to students where the total amount payable at the point of enrolment is £200 or more. Within the scheme there is an ability to pay up to 7 instalments, depending on the length of the courses and the final payment must be paid at least a month before the end of the course.
Students must wear safety boots in the workshop.