This course allows its students to develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in Bricklaying.
It covers the following skills:
- Carrying out Blocklaying activities
- Carrying out Bricklaying activities
- Carrying out Cavity Walling activities
- Contribute to Setting Out and Building of Masonry Structures up to Damp Proof Course
- 191/501 Principles of building construction, information and communication
- 102 Contribute to setting out and building of masonry structures
- 103 carrying out block laying activities
- 104 carrying out bricklaying activities
- 105 carrying out cavity walling activities
- 201/601 Health and Safety and welfare in construction
Upon completion of this course, student can progress on to employment or to the following City & Guilds qualifications: - Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying
Multiple choice test covering knowledge outcomes. Practical assignments delivered and marked by the tutor/assessor and externally verified by City and Guilds.
Students must wear safety boots in the workshop.