This distance learning course will enable you to gain additional skills and a qualification without disrupting your day-to-day life. You will have access to specialist support from dedicated tutors throughout the programme.
This qualification provides ideal tasters for those who may be new to the sector or new to the world of work and who want to understand more about working in health and social care in an unsupervised capacity. It aims to introduce some basic concepts of caring and preparation for employment in the sector.
The units you will study are:
1. Principles of communication in adult social care settings
2. Principles of personal development in adult social care settings
3. Principles of diversity, equality and inclusion in adult social care settings
4. Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
5. Principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care or childrens and young peoples settings
6. Understand the role of the social care worker
7. Understand person-centred approaches in adult social care settings
8. Understand health and safety in social care settings
9. Understand how to handle information in social care settings
Once it has been confirmed that you have fully completed the course, there are several next steps that you can take. You can go on to study another level two distance learning course. Or you could move on to one of our Level 3 Distance Learning courses. Alternatively, you could enrol on to our Access to Higher Education course (subject to interview) or the Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools qualification (subject to entry requirements).
By completing any of the above courses, you will gain the skills and knowledge that employers find desirable. It is also a great opportunity for continuous professional development.
Learners will be provided with access to an online portal with e-resources and online assessments.
If you are taking a course costing more than £200 we can arrange for you to pay your fees in monthly instalments. You may also be entitled to an Advanced Learning Loan to help pay your tuition costs.