This online course will enable you to gain additional skills and a qualification whilst working. You will have access to specialist support from dedicated tutors throughout the programme.
This qualification provides a taster for those new to the sector and aims to introduce some basic concepts of caring and preparation for employment in the sector.
The units you will study are:
1. Understand the role of the social care worker
2. Principles of personal development in adult social care settings
3. Understand person-centred approaches in adult social care settings
4. Principles of diversity, equality and inclusion in adult social care settings
5. Principles of communication in adult social care settings
6. Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
7. Principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care or childrens and young peoples settings
8. Understand how to handle information in social care settings
9. Understand health and safety in social care settings
Once it has been confirmed that you have fully completed the course, there are several next steps that you can take. You can go on to study another level two distance learning course. Or you could move on to one of our Level 3 Distance Learning courses. Alternatively, you could enrol on to our Access to Higher Education course (subject to interview) or the Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools qualification (subject to entry requirements).
By completing any of the above courses, you will gain the skills and knowledge that employers find desirable. It is also a great opportunity for continuous professional development.
Learners will be provided with a resource pack with assessment booklets to complete.
Please note that an administration charge of £100 will be charged if learners do not complete the course within the allocated 16 weeks.