This qualification will provide you with an understanding of the knowledge needed when working directly with children and young people in a school or college environment. It will enable you to gain an understanding of elements including childrens and young people development, safeguarding their welfare and communication and professional relationships.
In this course you will study:
- Schools and Colleges as organisations
- Support health & safety in a learning environment
- Understand how to safeguard children and young people
- Develop professional relationships with children and young people
- Understand how children and young people develop
- support positive behaviour in children and young people
- Support children and young people doing learning activities
- Support English and Maths skills
- Support the use of ICT in the learning environment
- Support assessment for learning
- Engage in personal and professional development
After complete this course you could go on to study the FdA in Education Practice or FdA in Early Years Study or be employed as a higher level teaching assistant and/or support worker
your work will be assessed through written assignments, professional discussions, case stduies and questioning and observations.
You must have a placement of at least 16 hours per week in a primary, junior or secondary school setting.
** Please note that the start date, location and course timing has been updated since the publication of the Part Time course guide 2016/17. Please refer to the website information for the correct details for this course. **
If you are taking a course costing more than £100 we can arrange for you to pay your fees in up to 7 monthly instalments, depending on the length of your course. An admin fee of £20 is charged for this service. Full terms and conditions will be supplied when you enrol.
If you are aged 19 or over and thinking of studying a Level 3, 4 or 5 courses, you may be entitled to an Advanced Learning Loan to help pay your tuition costs. These loans are not means-tested and are offered regardless of your current employment status. They cover the cost of your course and you dont have to repay the loan until you are earning over £21,000 per year.
Please see the fees and funding section for more details.
For more advice on course fees and funding, please contact our Customer Services Team on 01536 413123.