This qualification will provide you with an understanding of the knowledge needed when working directly with children and young people in a school or college environment. It will enable you to gain an understanding of elements including childrens and young people development, safeguarding their welfare and communication and professional relationships.
In this course you will study:
- Schools and Colleges as organisations
- Support health & safety in a learning environment
- Understand how to safeguard children and young people
- Develop professional relationships with children and young people
- Understand how children and young people develop
- support positive behaviour in children and young people
- Support children and young people doing learning activities
- Support English and Maths skills
- Support the use of ICT in the learning environment
- Support assessment for learning
- Engage in personal and professional development
After complete this course you could go on to study the FdA in Education Practice or FdA in Early Years Study or be employed as a higher level teaching assistant and/or support worker
your work will be assessed through written assignments, professional discussions, case studies and questioning and observations.
Pay by instalments
The College offers an instalment plan for Further Education and Higher Education courses to students where the total amount payable at the point of enrolment is £200 or more. Within the scheme there is an ability to pay up to 6 instalments, depending on the length of the courses and the final payment must be paid at least a month before the end of the course.
You must have a placement of at least 16 hours per week in a primary, junior or secondary school setting.
If you are aged 19 or over and thinking of studying a Level 3, 4 or 5 courses, you may be entitled to an Advanced Learning Loan to help pay your tuition costs. These loans are not means-tested and are offered regardless of your current employment status. They cover the cost of your course and you dont have to repay the loan until you are earning over £21,000 per year.
Please see the fees and funding section for more details.
For more advice on course fees and funding, please contact our Customer Services Team on 01536 413123.