Emergency First Aid course for persons who need to be able to provide emergency cover, in the absence of first-aiders. Where an employers assessment of first-aid needs identifies that a first-aider is not necessary, the minimum requirement as an employer is to appoint a person to take charge of the first-aid arrangements, and call the emergency services when required. On completion of training, successful candidates will be able to:
• Understand the role of the first-aider.
• Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
• Administer first-aid to casualty who is unconscious (including seizure).
• Administer cardio-pulmonary resuscitation.
• Administer first-aid to a casualty who is choking.
• Administer first-aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding.
• Administer first-aid to casualty who is suffering from shock.
• Provide appropriate first-aid for minor injuries.
For more information about costs please see the fees and funding section of the website, or call our Customer Services Team on 01536 413123.