This Level 2 qualification is the perfect follow on from our Level 1 programmes in MIG, TIG and MMA welding.
This comprehensive welding course builds on the key skills learned during Level 1 and covers the following aspects:
- Health and Safety in welding processes
- How to interpret technical data
- How to work efficiently in an engineering environment
- How to produce welds in all positions using the MIG, TIG and MMA processess in a range of materials
- How to cut materials using thermal methods (oxy/acetylene and plasma)
Your work will be assessed by means of practical test pieces and portfolio work.
Please contact us for information about the cost of this course.
Students are required to wear strong boots and overalls during all workshop sessions. Other protective equipment will be provided.
Please note that places on this course are currently limited to 10 people at a time.
If you are aged 19 or over, in receipt of JSA Benefit, ERAG, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, Income Support, low income Universal Credit (for the benefits previously listed - not Personal Independence Payments) and are unemployed, your course could be free of charge if it could help you to find work.