This qualification meets the minimum qualification Level Qualified Supervisors responsible for electrical work in domestic properties subject to Part P of the Building Regulations (England and Wales).
Course Content includes:
- Understanding Health & Safety legislation, practices and procedures
- Understanding environmental legislation, working practices and the principles of environmental technology systems.
- Understanding the principles, practices and procedures for the planning, preparation and selection of wiring systems.
- Understanding and applying the practices and procedures for overseeing and organising the work environment.
- Understand and apply the practices and procedures from installation and connection of wiring systems and electrotechnical equipment.
- Understand and apply the principles, practices and legislation for the inspection, testing, commissioning, approving and certification of electrical installation.
- Understand and apply the principles, practices and legislation for diagnosing and correcting electrical faults in electrical installations.
This course will be assessed by assignments, on-line exams, practical exams on testing and fault finding and a portfolio of work carried out over the two years.
You will need to purchase:
Book Bs7671 Regulations and on-site guide £140
MFT Tester £700
Pay by instalments
The College offers an instalment plan for Further Education and Higher Education courses to students where the total amount payable at the point of enrolment is £200 or more. Within the scheme there is an ability to pay up to 6 instalments, depending on the length of the courses and the final payment must be paid at least a month before the end of the course.
For more advice on course fees and funding, please contact our Customer Enquiries and Admissions Team on 01536 413123.