This distance learning course will enable you to gain additional skills and a qualification without disrupting your day-to-day life. You will have access to specialist support from dedicated tutors throughout the programme.
This qualification aims to give you the knowledge and understanding to work with individuals with learning disabilities. You will explore the principles of safeguarding and positive risk taking and gain awareness of the autistic spectrum.
The units you will study are:
1. Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
2. Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
3. Introduction to personalisation in social care
4. Principles of positive risk taking for individuals with disabilities
5. Introductory awareness of autistic spectrum conditions
6. Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare
Once it has been confirmed that you have fully completed the course, there are several next steps that you can take. You can go on to study another level two distance learning course. Or you could move on to one of our Level 3 Distance Learning courses. Alternatively, you could enrol on to our Access to Higher Education course (subject to interview) or the Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools qualification (subject to entry requirements).
By completing any of the above courses, you will gain the skills and knowledge that employers find desirable. It is also a great opportunity for continuous professional development.
You will be provided with a resource pack with assessment booklets to complete. There is also an option to study this course online via our bespoke e-learning portal
Please note that an administration charge of £100 will be charged if learners do not complete the course within the allocated 16 weeks.