Celebrity Judge at Disney Inspired Hair Show
On 18th May celebrity hairdresser, Lee Stafford, was guest judge at Tresham’s end of year Hair and Beauty Show at the college’s Corby campus.
Following a Disney theme, Level 3 students started organising the show in March for one of their units. The groups have since been researching and planning designs and concepts for the most imaginative and creative styles at the college’s salons based in Corby and Kettering.
Students from the Hairdressing groups worked together to create mood boards for the Disney theme which included clothes, make up, accessories and examples of how they would use hair extensions.
Celebrity hairdresser, Lee Stafford, attended the event and met with students and their models as they prepared for the show. He later welcomed guests and presented the winners with their prizes and certificates.
Level 3 Hairdressing Winners:
- 1st – Eva Spisakova for Maleficent
- 2nd – Charlotte Babb for Snow White
- 3rd – Amanda Ayvaliklis for Rapunzel
Level 1 Hair and Beauty followed the same theme to use all the techniques they had learnt to design a mannequin head.
Level 1 Beauty Winners:
- 1st – Tilly Tilbury – Create an Image Unit for creating Minnie Mouse
- 2nd – Filip Halasz – Create an Image Unit for a Beauty and the Beast design
- 3rd – Victoria Ielapi College certificate unit for a Bambi inspired mannequin head
Level 2 Beauty Winners:
- 1st – Jenny Kale – B8 Make-Up Unit for a Beauty and the Beast adaptation
- 2nd – Taylor Pentelow – B8 Make-Up Unit for a Little Mermaid adaptation
- 3rd – Krista Kemlere who created Cruella Deville
The Level 2 Hairdressing group from Kettering supported the beauty learners with the styling of the models hair.
The judges were Lee Stafford accompanied by Suki from Suki Salon in Corby and all proceeds for the evening went to local charity Cransley Hospice. This has brought the total raised by the students over the year by holding pamper sessions and raffles to a fantastic £360!
Well done to everyone involved!