University Diploma: Mentoring in Education
This course is offered in partnership with the .
The focus of this course is on mentoring trainees. It aims to:
- Explore the theory and practice of thementoring role.
- Model good practice in teaching and in advancing pupils' learning
- Review the professional values and practice necessary for effective mentoring
- Examine the stages in the developing mentoring relationship
- Identify the ethical dimensions of the mentoring role
- Explore a range of mentoring styles and practical approaches
- Reflect on personal skills in mentoring and ways of continuing professional development in the role
- Qualified as a teacher with literacy and numeracy at minimum level 2 and a defined staff mentoring responsibility.
Entry is subject to a successful interview.
The University Diplomas are used as building blocks towards the BA (Hons) Lifelong Learning for those completing the Certificate in Education. They can also be used as stand-alone continuing professional development (CPD) programmes for those working in the Lifelong Learning Sector and in the School Sector.
Related Courses « Back to course listing